Monday, December 23, 2013

Cowboy Cookies

Pardon my language, but bloody hell I am addicted. By request from the boyfriend, I whipped up a batch of cowboy cookies this evening  and I can't stop eating them! Did I mention I made them with my new KITCHENAID!!! My parents were wonderful and surprised me with one! I never thought I would own one, and might I say, it looks beautiful in our kitchen! As delicious as this recipe is, I should probably keep it top secret. But it is the season of giving, so merry Christmas!

Cowboy Cookies:

Ingredients:

3 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tablespoon baking soda
1 tablespoon cinnamon 
1 teaspoon salt
3 sticks softened butter
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
3 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 (7oz) bag sweetened coconut flakes
6 packets instant maple and brown sugar oatmeal
(I forgot to pick up oats at the store and I wasn't about to head out the day before Christmas eve to get more, so I made it work!)
4 cups chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups pecan pieces 

Directions: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Using an electric mixer, cream butter for approx. one minute. Slowly add white and brown sugar to the butter. Once thoroughly combined, add in eggs and vanilla. Slowly add dry mix to wet mix. Once combined, using the electric mixer, add coconut flakes and oatmeal. Using your hands, fold in chocolate chips and pecan pieces. (I attempted to use the Kitchenaid for this, but it got way too thick.) Create balls using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, do not flatten. Leave a good distance between cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet because they flatten quite a bit. Bake for 20 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Allow cookies to cool for 5 minutes and remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment