Sunday, May 25, 2014

Lawrence, Kansas

I just got back from a quick trip to Kansas for my cousin's high school graduation. I had a wonderful time, but it is nice to be back into my routine. Here are a few snapshots from my trip!





Where I’m From
2009

I am from classical,
and jazz,
and eighty-eight keys.

I am from umbrellas,
and rain-boots,
splashing in tiny seas.

I am from bright lights,
and buildings,
crowding the sky.

I am from the never ending blue,
circling and winding,
dancing so free.

I am from sunflowers,
kissed by honeybees,
crisp white linens blowing in the breeze.

I am from cotton,
and wheat,
howdys and yall’s.

I am from dancing,
and singing,
at the top of my lungs.

I am from paintbrushes,
and canvas,
messes and masterpieces.

I am from elite crowded halls,
name brand bags,
so many made-up faces.

I am from restless crowns,
lining the horizon.

I am from four spaces,
plus five lines.

I’m whole note, half note,
some rests in between.
My life is legato,
at times it’s staccato. 

No comments:

Post a Comment